- Common Name(s):
- Charlotte - disease resistant, Tryon - disease resistant
Short-lived; subject to vascular wilt disease; good summer color; attracts hummingbirds; reseeds
- 20-35 ft.
- Fragrant, light to deep pink, thread-like flowers in summer; 5 to 7 in. gray-brown seed pods
- Sun; range of soil types; drought and wind tolerant
- Vase-shaped; often multi-stemmed; flat top crown; spreading low; fairly open
- 25-30 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 20 in. alternate, bipinnately compound leaf; late to leaf out; no fall color
NCCES plant id: 1905