- Common Name(s):
- Dahoon Holly
- 'Augustafolia' has narrower leaves
- Native Plants, Trees
Native holly. Somewhat shrubby; red berries; gray bark. Grows up to 20-30 feet in the wild but usually smaller in the landscape. Foliage lacks the prominent spines or teeth of the American holly. Very nice fruit set in fall and winter. Worthwhile and underused selection.
- 20-30 ft.
- Small red to yellow fruit in clusters
- Sun to partial shade; range of soil types
- Dense branches; somewhat shrubby
- 10-15 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- .75 to 1 in. alternate, simple leaf
NCCES plant id: 2011