- Common Name(s):
- Candytuft, Evergreen candytuft
- Alexander White
- Groundcover, Perennials
Good for accent areas; cut candytuft back severely at least every other year to insure that it does not become tall and leggy; candytuft is actually a woody plant, but is often treated as a herbaceous perennial; this plant is occasionally damaged by deer. Candytuft is moderately salt tolerant.
Play Value: Wildlife Enhancement
- 9-18 in.
- Flower Color:
- USDA Hardiness Zone 3-9
- 1-1.5 in., shiny, deep green leaves
- White flowers of up to 2 in. clusters in March-May
- Sun to light shade; range of soil types provided there is good drainage
- Height of 12 in. with a spread of 3-4 ft.
- Cuttings taken midsummer, seed
- Full sun
- Well-drained, alkaline soil
- Mountains, Piedmont, Coastal Plain
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 300