This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Madagascar periwinkle, Periwinkle, Vinca
- Apricot Cooler Improved, Aztec Pink Magic, Blue Pearl, Cooler Icy Pink, Cooler Orchid, Cooler Peppermint, Experimental Dee
- Annuals, Poisonous Plants
Moderate to high drought tolerance; This plant is seldom damaged by deer.
- Evergreen, erect to spreading herbaceous tender perennial, frequently planted as an annual; leaves opposite, simple, smooth margined; flowers with slender tube and 5 spreading lobes, rose-pink, white, or white with a reddish eye; fruits long, slender, often paired.
- Spring to fall
- Sun to partial shade
- Pink, purple, red, salmon, white
- 6-18 in.
- 8-10 in.
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion, inhalation
- Toxic Principle:
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN.
- Found in:
- Landscape in flower gardens as cultivated, flowering herbaceous annual
NCCES plant id: 34