- Common Name(s):
- Chinese photinia, Oriental photinia
- Shrubs, Trees
Drought tolerant; should not be used in small designs; flowers have offensive odor; can be grown as a small tree; most disease resistant photinia; fruit attracts birds; easy to transplant
- 20-30 ft.
- Alternate, simple, leathery, lustrous dark green leaves; 4 to 8 in. long; new leaves are apple green to bronze-tinged
- White flowers on 4-7 in. corymbs in spring; 0.2 in. red fruit in late summer to fall
- Sun; well-drained soil
- Small tree or multistemmed shrub; broadly oval
- 15-25 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Moderate to rapid
- 4 to 8 in. alternate, simple leaves; reddish purple new leaves mature to dark green
NCCES plant id: 1700