- Common Name(s):
- Annual fountain grass, Crimson fountain grass, Dwarf red fountain grass, Purple fountain grass
- Purpureum , Rubrum Dwarf , Cupreum
- Annuals, Ornamental Grass
Perennial normally grown as an annual; mounded foliage; 3 ft. spread; prefers moist, well-drained soil; may self seed; may need staking under wet conditions; sensitive to frost. This plant is highly resistant to deer grazing.
- 12 in. spikes in muted pink and purple; does not dry well- shatters
- 3-4 ft.
- 9-10; normally grown as an annual
- Upright; arching clump
- Wide range of soil types
- Purplish pink inflorescence from mid summer to frost; excellent cut flower
NCCES plant id: 120