This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Confederate jasmine
- Madison (more cold hardy), Madison (more cold hardy)
- Groundcover, Poisonous Plants
Good foliage; white, fragrant flowers in spring; subject to winter kill to the ground when grown in sun. This plant is seldom damaged by deer.
- Evergreen, climbing shrub with milky juice; leaves opposite, simple, smooth margined, leathery; flowers short-tubular, 5-parted, white, aromatic.
- Poison Part:
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Unknown, but caution.
- Toxic Principle:
- Toxicity unknown, but caution because of its relationship with known toxic plants.
- Causes only low toxicity if eaten.
- Found in:
- Landscape as cultivated ornamental woody vine or groundcover.
NCCES plant id: 1186