Pyrus pyrifolia 'Shinseiki'
- Common Name(s):
- New Century Asian pear, Shinseiki Asian pear
- Edible Plants, Trees
Shinseiki Asian pear tree is not only heavy-bearing, but also very beautiful. The tree is both heat and cold tolerant. At least two cultivars are needed to ensure an adequat pollination. Potential pollinizers would be Chojuro Asian pear.
- 8-10 ft.
- The five-petalled white flower blooms in spring.
- Full sun. Loamy and well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0.
- The medium to large sized, round-shaped, yellow-green to yellow skinned fruit is sweet and with fine-grained texture. The skin is thin and the cream flesh is crisp and juicy. It is great for salads, snacks and eating fresh. Ripens in early to late August.
- 6-7 ft.
- Green, glossy leaf is oval in shape, pointed at the end.
NCCES plant id: 2991