Prunus salicina 'Burbank'
- Edible Plants, Trees
This well-producing cultivar will usually start to bear fruits in 2-3 years. It needs cross pollination from different Japanese plum cultivars. It can be used as a landscape flowering tree in spring or a shade tree in summer. The mature size of the tree depends on the version you choose, standard or dwarf.
- 8-10 ft. or 35 ft.
- The white flower blooms early in spring.
- Full sun. Well-drained, loamy soil.
- This cultivar produces rounded fruit with red to purple skin. The amber yellow flesh is aromatic and juicy. It is great for canning, eating fresh or making jam. Ripens in July.
- 10 ft. or 20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Moderate growth rate with 13-24'' per year.
- The elliptic leaves have fine tooth on the margin, bright green on top and lighter green underneath.
NCCES plant id: 3002