Epimedium x rubrum
- Common Name(s):
- Red barrenwort, Red epimedium
Spreads faster than most epimediums; remove old foliage in late winter; drought tolerant
- 8-13 in.
- 5 to 9
- Compound, medium green leaves with pointed, heart-shaped leaflets on wiry stems; new growth has reddish tinge; reddish fall color
- Stalks of bright crimson and creamy white flowers in spring; red sepals surround the petals
- Herbaceous perennial
- Light to moderate shade; average to organically enriched, medium moist, well-drained soil
- 8-13 in.; spread of 12 in.
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 272