Diospyros virginiana 'C-100'
- Common Name(s):
- C-100 common persimmon
- Edible Plants, Native Plants, Trees
C-100 is a native persimmon tree. There are orange valleys between the distinctly blocky bark. Nice red fall color. It is adaptable to urban environment. Cold hardy. Usually needs both male and female tree to ensure fruit production.
- 30-60 ft.
- The tree is dioecious which male and female flower blooms on different trees. The flower is cream in color and not showy. Rich in Vitamin.
- Full sun. Moist and well-drained soil. It is also adaptable to many varieties of soil.
- Orange fruit ripens in the fall.
- 15-30 ft.
- It features alternate, simple oval-shaped dark green leaves in summer and great red foliage in fall, with serrate leaf margin.
NCCES plant id: 3011