This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Evergreen shrub with alternate, simple leaves mottled with white, yellow, or red; flowers white
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion, dermatitis from milky sap
- Allergic dermatitis with skin rash developing after repeated contact. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when ingested
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene esters
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape as tender annual planted outdoors in summer
NCCES plant id: 1008