This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Tung oil tree, tung nut
- Poisonous Plants
- Deciduous tree; leaves alternate, simple, long-stalked, heart-shaped; flowers pale pink to white, with 5-7 petals in large clusters; fruits large, globular, with 3-7 seeds
- Poison Part:
- All parts, but mainly the seeds
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Severe stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, slowed breathing, and poor reflexes; may be fatal
- Toxic Principle:
- Glycoside and phytotoxin
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
- Found in:
- Landscape, as cultivated, ornamental, small tree
NCCES plant id: 948