- This plant has high severity poison characteristics.
- See below
Deciduous tree; leaves alternate, simple, toothed on the margin, with 2 small glands at base of blade; flowers 1-few in a rounded cluster, 5-parted, white; fruit fleshy, yellow or red, with a large pit (stone)
Poison Part: Wilted leaves, twigs (stems), seeds
Poison Delivery Mode: Ingestion
Edibility: EDIBLE PARTS: Fruit edible raw or cooked.
Severity: HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
Found in: Landscape as cultivated tree, rarely escaping and naturalizing
- Country Or Region Of Origin:
- EDIBLE PARTS: Fruit edible raw or cooked.
Whole Plant Traits:
- Plant Type:
- Fruit Color:
- Fruit Description:
- Fleshy, yellow or red, with a large pit (stone)
- Flower Color:
- Flower Petals:
- 4-5 petals/rays
- Flower Description:
- 1-few in a rounded cluster, 5-parted
- Leaf Type:
- Leaf Arrangement:
- Hairs Present:
- Leaf Description:
- Toothed on the margin, with 2 small glands at base of blade
- Stem Is Aromatic: