Plant DetailShow Menu

Compact Pfitzer Juniper Juniperus x pfitzeriana 'Pfitzeriana Compacta'

Description

Compact Pfitzer Juniper is a cultivar with a compact flat form. It is an evergreen shrub and grows up to 3' high and 3-5' wide. It has graceful gray-green foliage that provides year-round interest.  This plant requires full sun and well drained soil. Mass plant it and use it as a low screen or foundation planting. This plant is also a good shrub for small areas and borders.

Quick ID Hints:

  • 95% scale leaves, 5% juvenile awl leaves, all gray-green in color
  • Tiny, male cones appear at branch tips

More information on Juniperus x pfitzeriana.

Cultivars / Varieties:
Tags:
#evergreen#heat tolerant#drought tolerant#compact#dwarf#mass planting#spreading#needled evergreen#dense#foundation planting#screening#fantz#gray-green leaves
 
Cultivars / Varieties:
Tags:
#evergreen#heat tolerant#drought tolerant#compact#dwarf#mass planting#spreading#needled evergreen#dense#foundation planting#screening#fantz#gray-green leaves
  • Attributes:
    Genus:
    Juniperus
    Family:
    Cupressaceae
    Life Cycle:
    Woody
  • Whole Plant Traits:
    Plant Type:
    Ground Cover
    Leaf Characteristics:
    Needled Evergreen
    Habit/Form:
    Dense
    Spreading
    Growth Rate:
    Medium
  • Cultural Conditions:
    Light:
    Full sun (6 or more hours of direct sunlight a day)
    Soil Drainage:
    Good Drainage
    Occasionally Dry
  • Fruit:
    Fruit Description:
    Plant produces tiny, male cones that appear at branch tips.
  • Leaves:
    Leaf Characteristics:
    Needled Evergreen
    Leaf Color:
    Gray/Silver
    Green
    Leaf Type:
    Needles
    Hairs Present:
    No
    Leaf Description:
    95% of leaves are scale leaves, while the other 5% are juvenile awl leaves. Leaves are gray-green in color.
  • Stem:
    Stem Is Aromatic:
    No
  • Landscape:
    Design Feature:
    Border
    Foundation Planting
    Mass Planting
    Screen/Privacy
    Resistance To Challenges:
    Drought
    Heat