- Common Name(s):
- Myrobalan plum, Purple leaf plum
- 'Atropurea' - foliage is purple from spring to fall
Short-lived ornamental plum grown for its attractive purple foliage.
Insects, Diseases and Other Plant Problems: This tree is frequently damaged by deer.
- 15-25 ft.
- White flowers in April; fragrant; 1 in. reddish fruit in summer
- Sun; moist, well drained soil
- Shrubby; twiggy; rounded with spreading branches; vase-shaped; dense foliage
- 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Moderate to rapid
- 1.5 to 2.5 in. alternate, simple reddish purple leaves; no significant fall color
NCCES plant id: 2127