- Common Name(s):
- Scarlet gilia, Standing cypress
- Annuals, Wildflowers
Biennial grown as a half hardy annual; prefers well-drained soil; prefers cool climate; drought tolerant
- Summer into fall
- Sun to partial shade
- Scarlet outside; yellow with red dots inside
- 2-6 ft.
- 6-9 in.
- Pinnately divided leaves with numerous linear to thread-like bristle-tipped segments
- 1 in. red, tubular flowers in a long, slender, branching cluster on a leafy stem; spreading corolla lobes marked inside with red spots against a yellow background
- River banks, sandy open places
NCCES plant id: 91