This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Potato, irish potato, white potato
- Poisonous Plants
- The common, cultivated potato with tubers
- South America
- Landscape in vegetable gardens
- Poison Part:
- Potato sprouts and green skin of old, spoiled potato tubers.
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Nausea, vomiting, salivation, drowsiness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, weakness, respiratory depression; may be fatal
- EDIBLE PARTS: Tubers edible but discard sprouts and never eat tubers if they look spoiled or green below the skin
- Toxic Principle:
- Solanine and other alkaloids
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
NCCES plant id: 1166