- Common Name(s):
- Common thyme, Garden thyme
- 'Clean Gold'
- Edible Plants, Groundcover, Herbs, Perennials
Thymus vulgaris is slightly salt tolerant.
Wildlife Value: Nectar from flowers attracts bees and butterflies.
- 4-8 in.
- 6-12 in.
- Aromatic, hairy, linear to elliptic medium to dark green leaves
- Pale whitish to lilac flowers in late spring
- Sun to light shade; prefers well-drained light-textured soil with low fertility; tolerates organic and clay soil if well-drained
- 6-10 in.
- Teas; sachets; potpourris; flavoring for poultry, fish, stews, soups, tomatoes, cheese, eggs, and rice.
NCCES plant id: 370