Malus domestica "Red Delicious"
- Common Name(s):
- Red Delicious apple
- Edible Plants, Trees
Red Delicious apple is the most widely planted apple tree in North America. The size of the tree depends on varieties you choose, with standard, semi-dwarf and dwarf varieties. It grows at a fast speed of more than 24'' per year. The potential pollinizers would be Golden Delicious and Gala.
- 20-25 ft. or 12-15 ft. or 10 ft.
- The white-pink flower blooms in early season.
- Full sun. Acidic, moist and well drained soil.
- The medium to large sized, oval-shaped fruit has a red skin, with juicy and crisp flesh inside. It tastes sweet and mild. It is great for fresh eating and making desserts. It can also be stored for quite long. It is an early ripening variety in late August.
- 25 ft. or 12-15 ft. or 10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 2962