- Phonetic Spelling
- ah-NEM-oh-nee kor-oh-NAR-ee-ah
- This plant has high severity poison characteristics.
- See below
Flowers in mid-spring (April) and lasts about 4 weeks; about 10-12 inches tall; reproduces by seeds and tubers and requires a warm (50-65 degrees F) to cool (35-45 degrees F) to warm (50-65 degrees F) annual thermoperiodic cycle. Keep the plant moist during fall and spring.
Found in: Landscape in flower gardens
Space: 1-2 in. apart, 25-60 per sq. ft.
Depth: 5 in. to base of the tuber
Usage: Rock gardens, beds, borders, and woodland gardens
Organ: Tuber (as well as spring bulb)
Hardiness: Semi-hardy: injured below 28 degrees F (-2 degrees C) when planted
- Recommended Propagation Strategy:
- Country Or Region Of Origin:
- Particularly Resistant To (Insects/Diseases/Other Problems):
- summer drought
- Bulb Storage:
- Store in dry peat moss at 50-55 dg. F
Whole Plant Traits:
- Plant Type:
- Herbaceous Perennial
- Full sun (6 or more hours of direct sunlight a day)
- Available Space To Plant:
- Less than 12 inches
- Fruit Description:
- This plant has small fruits often with plumose tails.
- Flower Color:
- Flower Bloom Time:
- Flower Description:
- This flower blooms in mid-spring (April). The colors can be red, white, purple, or yellow-green. The flowers are cup-shaped with 5-many petal-like parts and many stamens.
- Leaf Color:
- Leaf Arrangement:
- Hairs Present:
- Leaf Description:
- Leaves are alternate or whorled and finely divided.
- Stem Is Aromatic:
- Landscape Location:
- Landscape Theme:
- Drought Tolerant Garden
- Rock Garden
- Design Feature:
- Resistance To Challenges:
- Contact Dermatitis
- Poison Severity:
- Poison Symptoms:
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN. CAUSES SEVERE PAIN IN THE MOUTH IF EATEN! (Poisonous parts: All parts when fresh). Poisonous through ingestion and dermatitis. Symptoms may include: Inflammation and blistering upon contact with fresh sap; irritation of mouth, vomiting and diarrhea following ingestion.
- Poison Toxic Principle:
- Causes Contact Dermatitis:
- Poison Part: