- Common Name(s):
- Common thyme, Garden thyme
- Clean Gold
- Edible Plants, Groundcover, Herbs
Teas; attracts bees; sachets; potpourris; flavoring for poultry, fish, stews, soups, tomatoes, cheese, eggs, and rice.
- 4-8 in.
- 6-12 in.
- Aromatic, hairy, linear to elliptic medium to dark green leaves
- Pale whitish to lilac flowers in late spring
- Sun to light shade; prefers well-drained light-textured soil with low fertility; tolerates organic and clay soil if well-drained
- 6-10 in.
NCCES plant id: 370