Prunus angustifolia 'Guthrie'
- Common Name(s):
- Guthrie chickasaw plum
- Edible Plants, Native Plants, Trees
Guthrie chickasaw plum is a short, thickly branched shrub. It is native to North America. Needs little maintenance, drought tolerant, fast growing, self-pollinating.
- 12-20 ft.
- The showy, white to cream flower bloom in spring.
- Full-sun, partial-sun or partial-shade. Well-drained, sandy or clay or loamy soil. It can tolerate acidic soil as well. Highly drought tolerant.
- Irregular, round crown
- The yellow fruit is tangy and sweet, about 1 1/2'' in size. Great for making jelly. Ripens in mid-June.
- 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- It features alternate, simple ovate green leaves with serrate margin. Pinnate venation.
NCCES plant id: 3020