- Common Name(s):
- Star of Bethlehem
- Perennial Bulbs, Spring Bulbs
Tolerates summer drought, but requires moisture during growing season
- Late spring (May)
- Full sunlight, to PM only or AM only sunlight, to 25% shade
- 4-6 in.
- 2-3 in. apart, 20-25 per sq. ft.
- Flowering Period:
- Late Spring
- Flower Color:
- 5 in. to base of the bulb
- Beds, borders, ground covers, rock gardens, woodland gardens.
- Tunicated bulb
- Hardy III - injured below 5 degrees F (-15C)
- Asia minor, Europe, and Northern Africa
NCCES plant id: 834