Dolichos lablab (Lablab purpureus)
This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Hyacinth bean, dolichos bean, lablab
- Poisonous Plants
- Annual, twining vine with purplish stems and alternate, pinnately divided leaves with 3 large leaflets; flowers in elongated clusters, pea-shaped and white, pink, or purple; fruit a flat, often curved maroon or purplish pod with 3-5 black seeds
- Tropical Africa
- Landscape as cultivated ornamental herbaceous, frost tender vine
- Poison Part:
- Pods and seeds
- Weakness, vomiting, labored breathing, twitching, stupor, convulsions
- EDIBLE PARTS: Pods and seeds edible if thoroughly boiled, changing the water several times
- Toxic Principle:
- Cyanogenic glycoside
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
NCCES plant id: 1033