- Common Name(s):
- Korean abelia, White forsythia
Drought tolerant; can be severely pruned every few years to reduce ragged appearance; not a specimen plant
- 3-5 ft.
- Opposite, smooth-edged, simple, medium green leaves; 2 to 3.5 in. long; purplish fall color
- White to lightly pink-tinted flowers in spring before leaves emerge; borne in axillary racemes; mildly fragrant; non-showy fruit; not as showy as other forsythias
- 5 to 8
- Sun to partial shade; well-drained soil
- Multi-stemmed; rounded; arching branches; twiggy; can become ragged
- 3-4 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1398