- Common Name(s):
- Purple flowering raspberry
- Native Plants, Shrubs
Thornless canes; spreads by suckers; native to eastern US
- 5-6 ft.
- Simple, finely serrated leaves with 3 to 5 lobes; reddish fall color
- 2 in. flowers open deep purplish pink, fading to magenta-pink in summer; fragrant; flat, red fruit in late summer
- 4 to 6
- Sun to partial shade; moist but not wet soil, enriched with organic matter; dislikes high humidity and high temperatures; needs good air circulation
- Sparse, erect stems; suckers
- Sun to partial shade; moist soil
- 2 in. flowers open deep purplish pink fading to magenta pink in summer
- 3-5 ft.
NCCES plant id: 552