This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- chalice vine, trumpet flower
- Poisonous Plants, Vines
- Shrubby climbers; leaves alternate, simple, smooth margined; flowers solitary, very large, funnel-shaped with 5 short lobes, white or yellow, fragrant at night; fruit a berry.
- Tropical America
- Poison Part:
- Leaves and flowers
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Headache, incoordination, excitability, stomach pain, lowered temperature, dilated pupils, paralysis, vomiting, diarrhea, shock, respiratory depression; may be fatal.
- Toxic Principle:
- Alkaloids solanine, solanidine and others.
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape in flower gardens as tender annual vine.
NCCES plant id: 1160