Prunus persica 'Cresthaven'
- Common Name(s):
- Cresthaven peach, Cresthaven peach
- Edible Plants, Trees
This is a heavy-bearing cultivar. It is also cold-hardy. Self-pollinating and resistant to leaf-spot. It needs thinning because of the multi-buds in the spring to ensure better fruit-set.
- 10-14 ft.
- Pink flower in the spring with many buds.
- Full sum. Loamy, well drained to average moistness soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0.
- It produces medium to large sized, golden to yellow over red fruit. It is nearly fuzzless. The firm yellow flesh is freestone, and it resists browning. Great for eating fresh, canning or cooking. Ripens in mid-late August.
- 8-12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- The leaves are lanceolate shaped, 3-6 inches in length and 0.8-1.2 inches broad. Pinnately veined.
NCCES plant id: 2980