- Common Name(s):
- Butan pine, Himalayan pine
- Nana, Zebrina, Oculus Draconis
Transplant when small; winter winds can cause discoloration; good tolerance to air pollution. This tree is resistant to damage by deer.
- 30-50 ft.
- 6 to 12 in. cylindrical cones; pendulous and turn brown with age
- Sun to partial shade; well drained soil; good wind tolerance; tolerates seasonal wet soil and drought
- Graceful; upright; loosely and broadly pyramidal when young; often retains lower branches; wide spreading with pendulous branche
- 20-30 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Slow to moderate
- 5 to 8 in. soft, blue green needles in bundles of 5; upper surface green, lower surface blue white creating a silvery blue cast; young needles are erect; older needles droop; needles often bend near base creating a pendulous effect
NCCES plant id: 2117