- Common Name(s):
- Balkan pine, Macedonian pine
- Narrow form
Adaptable; more narrow and smaller branches than P. cembra. This tree is resistant to damage by deer.
- 30-60 ft.
- 3 to 6 in. cylindrical cones; single or cluster of 3 to 4; becomes light brown
- Sun; moist soil with good drainage
- Narrow pyramidal to columnar
- 20-30 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 3 to 4 in. straight, stiff, dark green needles in bundles of 5; dark green on top and grayish green on underside; overall effect is blue green
NCCES plant id: 2104