- Common Name(s):
- Deodar cedar
- Aurea, Glacier, Glacier Blue, Glauca, Gold Cone, Himalayan, Jim, Pendula, Snowsprite, Shalimar - cold-hardy
Good substitute for white pine; subject to cold injury in zone 6; needs protection from wind; central leader often dies out; cones on female tree. This tree is resistant to damage by deer. Learn more about "Cedrus deodara 'Pendula'" and "Cedrus deodara 'Snow Sprite'".
- 30-50 ft.
- 3-4 in. bluish green cones on female tree
- Sun to partial shade; well drained, some what dry site
- Pyramidal; pendulous branches
- 30-40 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1-2 in. blue-green, sharp pointed needles; 15 to 20 per whorl
NCCES plant id: 1945