- Common Name(s):
- Caucasian fir, Nordman fir
Best suited for a northern climate; dislikes hot, dry summers; casts dense shade; easy to transplant
- 40-60 ft.
- 5 to 6 in. pinkish brown with blue bloom cones; turns reddish brown in fall
- Sun; moist, well drained soil; dislikes wet feet; not drought tolerant
- Fine to medium
- Pyramidal; dense; narrow; tiered, whorled branches to the ground
- 12-18 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- .75 to 1.5 in. glossy black green needles; 2 white bands on underside
NCCES plant id: 1868