- Common Name(s):
- Adam's needle yucca, Spanish bayonet
- Bright Edge, Color Guard, Garland Gold, Golden Sword
- Native Plants, Perennials, Shrubs, Wildflowers
Stiff green blades with hairy edges. Drought and salt spray tolerant; native to portions of southeastern US. Particularly resistant to damage by deer.
- May to June
- 1-2 ft.
- Sword-like leaves; 1-2.5 ft. long
- Waxy creamy white bell shaped flowers on 5-6 ft. stalks
- 4 to 9
- Stiff, erect green blades with hairy edges
- Sun; medium to dry soil with good drainage; tolerates salt spray
- Life Cycle:
NCCES plant id: 574