- Common Name(s):
- Salt cedar, Tamarisk, Tamarix
- Shrubs, Trees
Salt spray tolerant; avoid excess fertilizer; sparse root system; an invasive species in warmer climates (zones 8-10)
- 10-15 ft.
- Small, alternate, simple bright blue-green leaves (scale-like); light and feathery
- 1-3 in. panicles of rosy pink flowers in summer; blooms on new wood
- Sun; well-drained soil; drought and salt tolerant
- Loose; open; shrubby
- 9-12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Moderate to rapid
- 0.2 in. alternate, simple, scale-like light green leaves
NCCES plant id: 1805