- Common Name(s):
- Common lilac, French lilac
- Agincourt Beauty, Ludwig Spaeth, Sensation
- Edible Plants, Shrubs
Fragrant, spring-flowering shrub or small tree; hundreds of cultivars available; most plants are grafted so remove any suckers that develop from rootstock
- 8-15 ft.
- Opposite, simple, heart-shaped dark green to bluish green leaves; 2 to 5 in. long
- White, cream, purple-pink to rose flowers in spring; single or double; very fragrant
- Sun to partial shade; range of soil types including heavy soil
- Medium to coarse
- Upright; stiff; ascending branches; leggy
- 6-12 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1803