- Common Name(s):
- Scotch pine
- Glauca Nana - Dwarf blue Scotch pine, Nana - Dwarf Scotch pine, Watereri - Walter pine
- Shrubs, Trees
Good landscape form, but later becomes more open; dwarf forms; transplant easily; picturesque with age; orangish, brown bark with great variability among seedlings. This tree is resistant to damage by deer. Learn more about 'Glauca Nana', 'Nana', and 'Watereri'.
- 30-70 ft.
- 1.5 to 3 in. cones solitary or in groups of 2 to 3
- Sun; well drained soil; tolerates poor, dry sites
- Irregular pyramid with young; short spreading branches; lower branches die
- 20-35 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1 to 3 in. bluish green needles in pairs; yellow green in winter
NCCES plant id: 2112