- Common Name(s):
- Enkianthus, Redvein enkianthus
- Red Bells, Albiflorus, Renoir, Showy Lantern
Excellent, smooth, warm brown bark
- 6-12 ft.
- Alternate, simple, glossy, bright to medium blue-green to olive green leaves; 1-3 in. long; brilliant yellow and red-orange fall color; varies among seedlings
- Cluster of creamy white, small, bell-shaped flowers in spring; has red or pink veins and edges; borne on previous year's growth. Blooms are similar to Pieris, which is in the same family.
- 4 to 7
- Sun to partial shade; acidic, moist, well-drained soil; suffers in dry weather; does well in clay
- Narrow upright shrub; layered branches; tufted foliage
- 4-6 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1542