Cornus alba 'Argenteo-marginata'
- Common Name(s):
- Variegated tartarian dogwood
Does not like summer heat- develops cankers; remove oldest stems; best color on new stems; can become invasive
- 8-10 ft.
- Opposite, simple, dark green leaves with creamy margins; 2-4.5 in. long; reddish purple fall color
- Modestly showy, yellowish-white flowers in spring; white to bluish drupe in summer; grown for blood-red stems in winter
- 3 to 7
- Sun to partial shade; prefers moist, well-drained soil but tolerates a range of soil conditions
- Upright and loose; arching with age; long unbranched stems; suckers to form large colonies
- 5-10 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1506