- Common Name(s):
- Orange ball tree, Orange butterfly bush
Drought tolerant; flowers on previous season's growth; prune after flowering;
Wildlife Value: Flowers attract butterflies. This plant is seldom damaged by deer
- 10-15 ft.
- Alternate, simple, lustrous, dark green leaves; 3-8 in. long; wrinkled; light brown pubescence below
- Bright yellow and orange flowers on 6-8 in. panicles in opposite pairs in summer; fragrant
- Semi-evergreen to deciduous
- Sun; loamy, moist, well-drained soil
- Open gaunt habit; becomes dense
- 8-12 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1429