Aralia elata 'Variegata'
- Common Name(s):
- Variegated Japanese aralia
Grafted; remove suckers that develop from the rootstock
- 10 ft.
- Alternate, bipinnately compound leaves; 16 to 32 in. long; 3 to 3.5 in. wide gray-green leaflets with broad irregular yellow-gold margins
- Creamy-white flowers on large terminal panicles in late summer; purple, globose fruit
- 4 to 9
- Sun to partial shade; prefers cool, well-drained, moist, fertile soil but tolerates a range of soil types, including clay
- Rounded to oval outline; a few main, unbranched stems with large spines
- 6-10 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1410