- Common Name(s):
- Bastard indigo, Indigo bush, Indigo bush amorpha
- Dark Lance
- Native Plants, Shrubs
Flowers attract butterflies; spread easily by seeds and can become invasive; tolerate poor site conditions; leaf out late in spring; develop foliage disease problems
- 6-15 in.
- Bright green leaves; modest yellow fall color
- Narrow, 8 to 20 in. racemes of deep purple flowers with gold stamens in summer; small, warty, kidney-shaped seed pods
- 4 to 9
- Sun; range of soil types; does well in poor, dry soil
- Leggy; most of the leaves occur on the upper one-third of the plant
- Sun; range of soil types; does well in poor dry soil
- 5-15 in.
NCCES plant id: 439