Acer platanoides 'Stand Fast'
- Common Name(s):
- Stand fast Norway maple, Stand fast maple
- Shrubs, Trees
Stand fast Norway maple is an tall thin small tree or shrub with dark green leathery leaves that makes an dramatic vertical accent in a landscape. Its coarse texture makes a good foil for other finer textured plants in the landscape. It is a low maintenance tree requiring little pruning other than to remove dead branches. It has a low canopy with a clearance of only 1 foot from the ground so do not plant in an area you need easy access to the ground. It does how ever make a good choice for planting under powerlines. It is tolerant of air pollution and well suited to urban landscapes.
Learn more about "Acer platanoides", the tree form for the Stand Fast cultivar.
- 3-20 ft.
- Small, dark green leaves; ruffled and clustered at ends of branches turn red in the fall
- Non-showy flowers and fruit
- 4 -7
- Full sun to partial shade; needs moist, well-drained soil. Do not let the soil dry out.
- Columnar, upright with few side branches
- 1-3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 1402