Acanthopanax sieboldianus = Eleutherococcus sieboldianus
- Common Name(s):
- Angelica shrub, Fiveleaf aralia
Can be severely pruned; easy to transplant and adapts to poor growing conditions; makes a good screen or barrier; tends to sucker
- 6-10 ft.
- Alternate, palmately compound leaves with 5 to 7 leaflets; 1 to 2.5 in. long; bright green; non-showy fall color; mostly yellow
- Small greenish-white flowers in umbel in early summer; modest production of small black fruit
- 5 to 8
- Sun to shade; prefers well-drained soil but tolerates clay, sand, drought, pollution
- Erect, upright shrub with arching branches that flop over
- 8-10 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1400