This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Perennial herb; leaves basal, simple, elongated, with glandular hairs; flowers terminal on a naked stem, 5-parted, funnel-shaped, pale lilac or purple with a yellow eye; fruit a capsule
- Poison Part:
- Glandular hairs on leaves and stems
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Allergic skin irritation (redness, blisters, swelling), mainly on hands and face, following contact
- Toxic Principle:
- Primin, a benzoquinone; primetin, a flavone
- SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 1132