This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Erect, succulent shrub with whorled branches, 4 or 5 ridged, the spines paired and pointing downward; leaves large
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Dermatitis, eye irritant, ingestion
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when ingested; redness, swelling, blisters after some delay following contact with skin
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene esters in milky latex
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; uncommon
NCCES plant id: 1049