This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Succulent, spiny shrub, the branches ascending, pale green with 4 ridges; leaves inconspicuous
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when ingested; redness, swelling, blisters after some delay following contact with skin
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene esters in milky latex
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 1048