This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Candelabra cactus, dragon bones, false cactus
- Poisonous Plants
- Succulent, spiny shrub with milky latex, branches mottled green with white lines; leaves dropping soon
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion, dermatitis, severe eye irritant
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when ingested; redness, swelling, blisters after some delay following contact with skin
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene esters in milky latex
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 1043