This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Garland flower daphne
- Poisonous Plants
- Low-growing, evergreen shrub; leaves alternate, simple, crowded; flowers 6-8 per cluster, rosy pink or white, 4-parted, fragrant; fruit a yellowish brown drupe
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Unknown, but possibly as in D. mezereum
- Toxic Principle:
- Unknown, suspected to be a diterpenoid (mezerein)
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
- Found in:
- Landscape as cultivated ornamental shrub
NCCES plant id: 1021