This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Crotolaria, Rattlebox, Rattleweed
- Poisonous Plants
- Annual or perennial herbs with alternate, simple, or divided leaves; flowers yellow on long terminal or axillary clusters, each 5-parted and pea-like; fruit an inflated, subcylindric pod with many seeds
- USA, NC, Tropical America
- Poison Part:
- Seeds, leaves
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Lower blood pressure and heart beat, stomach irritation
- Toxic Principle:
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
- Weedy in disturbed areas, along roadsides, cultivated fields
NCCES plant id: 1013